In the Mac World, “font managers” are very common. I would be hard-pressed to find a Mac without the leading font manager, Suitcase. But, in the PC world, the typical user relies on the “Font folder”.
In searching for a true font manager, I found a few programs in the $50-$100 range. I searched more and found the impressive Printer’s Apprentice. Now in version 8, the program is so well-rounded with many features, it’s hard to believe that it is only $25. It features:
- Support for TrueType, Adobe Type 1 and OpenType fonts
- Preview fonts without installing them
- Install/uninstall fonts
- User-defined font groups
- Review all characters in a font at various point sizes
- Compare fonts side-by-side
- Quickly browse fonts/font groups
- Print reference pages, sample sheets and font catalogs without installing fonts
- Print a keyboard chart showing the selected font
Special discount for Photoframd readers!
Save 20% ($5) off the cost of the program by using the coupon code PHOTOFRAMD.