The Palm Pre still has bluetooth problems. But, I did find a pair of bluetooth headphones that actually works with the Palm Pre … Motorokr S305.
I hate dealing with a cord. One of the great things about the Pre is that it supports stereo bluetooth with A2DP. Or, should I say supposed to. Palm’s Official Forum has reported problems with various bluetooth headphones, so I was waiting for a fix … especially before spending over $100 of something that might be choppy or cut-out (just some of the reported problems). Last week, I received an email from thecellguru.com that the Motorola Motorokr S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones was on sale for $39.04. I checked the various Pre sites and they all list the S305 as compatible. More importantly, there were no reports on the Palm Forum about problems! So, I took a chance and ordered it.
I am very impressed with the Motorokr S305:
- Stereo sound quality is very good (music and videos)
- Buttons are big and easy to control
- Impressive 30ft range (yes…really!)
- Strong bluetooth connection provided uninterrupted sound indoors, outdoors, in the car and on the train.
- Built-in microphone provided clear phone conversations.
- Great performance. I was listening to some music, received a call, the music paused, and I took the call. When the call ended, the music automatically continued where it left off.
- Not sure about the battery life. I used the S305 on-and-off all weekend and it did not need a charge.
If you are looking for a pair of bluetooth stereo headphone, try to Motorokr S305. You will be happy with the results … especially for under $40!