I have taken several seminars on lighting and I always leave inspired. That is, until I start trying to recreate the effect and know that I am missing something. If I could just see it one more time to nail it down. That’s what makes Scott Kelby’s new book/DVD so special.
Scott Kelby’s Photo Recipes Live : Behind the Scenes takes the most popular “photo recipes” from his three Digital Photography Books and reproduces them “live” on the DVD. Kelby shows you step-by-step on recreating each effect directly out of his books and shows you how to solve the problems that will likely pop-up.
The DVD is Flash-based and runs through your web browser. It covers the following chapters:
- Window Light Portraits (natural light).
- Couple Portraits (natural settings).
- Portraits w/ 3-Light Setup (one on each side and one in front)
- Portraits w/Clamshell Lighting 1 (light above 45-degree and reflector/2nd light below)
- Portraits w/ Clamshell Lighting 2 (light above and 2nd light behind w/white background)
- Shooting Food
- Shooting Flowers
- Shooting Portraits on location (street scenes)
- Portraits w/ One Light Overhead
- Portraits w/ Hard Lighting
- Landscapes (tips)
- Portraits w/ Ring Flash Adapters
- Panoramas Shots (tips)
- Portrait Lighting
- Dramatic Portrait Look
- Product shot
The entire DVD runs 2-hours and is supplemented with a print reference guide. The topics are covered in a fresh tutorial, much like Kelby’s Photoshop tutorials on kelbytraining.com. Overall, the DVD layout and print guide make it a great reference and idea guide.